Prenatal massage therapy can provide support for your changing posture by improving alignment, decreases muscle imbalances, helping to regulate fluid balance and providing time for you to relax and process all of the changes occurring in your body and your life.
Some of the benefits of pregnancy massage are:
- Reduced stress and increased relaxation
- Relief of muscular tension and spasms
- Reduction of stress on weight-bearing joints
- Assistance in pain relief for any sciatic pain or other nerve compression that may arise during pregnancy
- Reduced swelling in hands and feet
- May reduce frequency and duration of headaches, backache, and muscle strain
- Improved energy levels and reduced fatigue
- Maintenance/awareness of a balanced posture
In her history as an instructor at Sutherland-Chan School and Teaching Clinic for 18 years, Tanya supervised the High Risks Obstetrics clinic at Sunnybrook Hospital. She instructed and supervised 4th term students treating in-patients experiencing various high-risk conditions. Tanya has specialized training and extensive experience in pregnancy massage, labour/birth support, postpartum massage and infant massage instruction.
To book a prenatal massage, Schedule an Appointment Or call 416-420-5457 / email firstname.lastname@example.org.